Monday, March 10, 2014

Guest Post From George the Magical Basset Hound

George is the star of the Young Adult novel George Knows, by Misty Mymudes.  As basset hounds are the most perfectly designed creatures on Earth (just ask George), we're very happy to have him stop by to discuss how he writes his adventures.

On March 13, I'll be answering these questions, and checking out three other new authors!


http://bassetbones.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/this-is-a-my-writing-process-blog-thingy/



 

This is a ‘My Writing Process Blog Thingy’

I am doing this under duress. Lynda Cox’s Dog suggested I do this; lyndajcox.blogspot.com

You’d think it’s easy to write. You need a pen, a pencil, and paper. Or maybe one of those computer thingies. Except, I’m a dog. I don’t have fingers and thumb to hold things or use a keyboard. I also can’t talk. So the first thing I had to do was find a Peep that was receptive to my creativity. The Lady With The Fingers wasn’t my first choice. In fact, I think she was about 732 or so down the list.

See, she raises English Springers, a breed that are dumb as rocks. I mean, they’ll do anything for food. Seriously, right? What sort of creature will do something foolish like carry a dumbbell for no reason. But, there you go, I made due.

I was asked a few foolish questions for this blog, but if it helps Peeps to find my book, I’ll do it.

1. What am I working on: Currently, Tillie’s Tale. The silly pup didn’t follow her instincts and ended up haunted by a poultry ghost. Not good.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre: Get real. How many basset hounds, particularly brilliant familiars, do you know that write middle grade urban fantasy. Actually, how many dogs write anything for that matter. I’m unique.

3) Why do I write what I do: It’s said to write what you know. I know about me. My adventures are interesting. How many dogs find human bones that lead to discovering a dragon, save a park, and his BoyPup?

4) How does my writing process work: That’s the hard part. The Lady With The Fingers is pretty good at reading dog language. I think, she picks it up through our link, and watches the story. Sometimes she’s wrong, then I pee on her leg.

Is that enough?

I’m passing this foolishness on to http://www.writerjimlandwehr.com
Jim 
Jim Landwehr lives and works in Waukesha, WI. He enjoys writing creative non-fiction, poetry and fiction. His book, Dirty Shirt: A Boundary Waters Memoir, will be released on June 17th, 2014. The book is a humorous account of his travels to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota with friends, brothers and his children over the last 25 years.


Bryan Fields

946211_10201362574055472_1796615661_sBy day, I’m a mild-mannered IT tech; by night, a writer who spends too much time in online games. I grew up reading classical authors such as Verne, Burroughs, Wells, Haggard, and Lovecraft, often in conjunction with large doses of Monty Python, Wild Wild West, and Hee-Haw.  My current influences include Dr. WhoGirl Genius, andAn Idiot Abroad.
I live in Denver with my wife Noelle and daughter Alissa. The three of us can often be found prowling around Istaria, Wizard City, and the wilds of Azeroth.  I also makes occasional side jaunts to scavenge bits of ancient technology in the radioactive ruins of the Grand Canyon Province.

1133392_orig

http://www.kellyrisser.com/1/post/2014/03/when-comparisons-hurt.html
Becoming a published author is a lifetime dream come true. As a child, I subjected friends and family to my “KellyMark” greeting cards (“When you care enough to make the very best.”), poetry, homemade magazines, and short stories. In high school, my short story, “If Only to Escape” was published in the local paper, and I won a writing contest for my children’s story, “Televisella.” In college, my creative writing tapered off, but I still managed to write the occasional review for The Marquette UniversityTribune. Once I graduated, I mixed creative writing with business writing, and I’ve held positions in Advertising, Marketing, and Instructional Design/eLearning Development.
Today, I am busy writing the next book in Meara’s story. When I’m not writing, I’m reading, hanging out with my husband and two kids, or playing with our Whoodle puppy.
Drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you!

The Peeps will be doing their thing March 13

1 comment:

  1. George is a riot! I just got tagged in this hop, but I know my post will be nowhere near as good as George's. Bryan, if you're a Monty Python fan you are aces with me! Kelly sounds like she's worked really hard - good luck on the next installment of Meara's story. :)

    ReplyDelete