Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review: Offside by A.J. Stewart

Offside (A Miami Jones Case)Offside by A.J. Stewart

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've never been to Florida, but if it's half as hot an muggy as Offside made me feel, that might be for the best. A.J. Stewart does a great job of bringing the environment to life, This is a nice, tight mystery that manages to stay engaging right up to the grand reveal. I spotted a few of the clues and figured a few things out slightly early, but more than once I was dead wrong. Perfect balance for a good mystery.

My only complaint is that there was a lot of sexual tension that wasn't needed. It all made sense in the storyline, but it felt in spots like the sexual tension was there to bridge gaps in the mystery tension.

I hope to see more or Miami's adventures.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment